Revlon ColorStay Foundation Review (for Combination/Oily Skin, Shade Golden Beige)

10:16:00 AM 9 Comments A+ a-


To be honest, what made me decide to buy Revlon ColorStay Foundation is because of its great reviews that I read floating around the internet.  When I searched for "the best foundation" on google, the name Revlon ColorStay was on most of the articles or reviews that I read.

As I mentioned in my previous review, I was not a great fan of foundation. Its texture would either feel too cakey, too oily, or too dry and would exaggerate the dry patches around my nose. However, all that's before I found Revlon ColorStay.

Here I quoted what Revlon ColorStay promised their foundation would do on their website www.Revlon.com:
"Longwearing coverage with Time Release Technology and a lightweight formula that won’t cake, fade, or rub off. Specifically made for combination or oily skin to control oil absorption and shine. Your look stays flawless throughout the day."

Features:
• Comfortable, shine-free finish for up to 24 hours
• 20 beautiful, longwearing shades
• Buildable to full coverage

It's amazing that Revlon ColorStay also provides a wide range of shade selection:
Ivory , Buff , Sand Beige , Nude , Natural Beige , Medium beige , Fresh beige , Golden Beige , Warm Golden , True Beige , Natural Tan ,Early tan , Rich Tan, Golden caramel , Toast , Rich ginger, caramel, cappuccino, mahogany, and mocha.

When it came to choosing the shade, I wanted it to really match my skin tone because I didn't want to look like I'd used Nutella on my face or, the other way around, like a dead zombie. And I was so happy with the shade selection made by the SA, which was Golden Beige.

When I first applied Revlon ColorStay foundation on my face what really impressed me was that this foundation felt so light that I'd sometimes forget that I was wearing foundation. And YES, that was the one feature that I always looked for in a foundation.

Revlon ColorStay doesn't give a shiny finish like Korean brands' do. It's more likely to give a matte finish with a medium coverage and I'd still need concealer to cover my dark circle and spot. It does, however, really make my skin look fresh.


This foundation can also stay on for long hours. I used it for 6-8 hours and it still looked great on my face at the end and didn't give my skin an uneven look.
The picture on the left was me after applying Revlon ColorStay Foundation at 11 AM and the picture on the right was me after 6 hours at 5 PM.  

The only question left was: Could it really stay on the skin for 24 hours as claimed by Revlon? Honestly, I didn't end up testing it for 24 hours and I don't think I'll want to do that in the future either. What's the point?

I usually apply foundation with my bare hand, but since this foundation dried pretty quick, I thought it's better to use a makeup sponge for better results.
The price was also pretty reasonable. I bought it for IDR. 125.000 and it came with a pretty decent quantity (30 ml).

The only thing that I didn't like about this foundation was the glass bottle packaging. I have a baby girl at home who likes to play with my stuff and every time she gets close to the ColorStay foundation bottle, I'll become quite jumpy with the fear that she'll break it... Geezz...!! --"

I guess that's my review of Revlon ColorStay foundation. If you are one of those looking for a good foundation for everyday used, I think Revlon ColorStay is worth trying :).

9 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
January 15, 2015 at 11:18 AM delete

wah jadi gak sabar pengen beli juga deh >.<
dari kemaren2 udah pengen beli ini barang, tapi udah biasa pake korean product, jadinya mikir2 lagi mw beli >_<
thanks ya udah sharing :)

Reply
avatar
January 15, 2015 at 12:11 PM delete

Warnanya masih mirip Medium Beige yak >.<
Aku pengen beli ini lagi karena sebelumnya masih keputihan (Medium Beige), ini salah satu warna inceranku sih tapi ternyata masih putih juga -_-"

Emang kudu swatch sendiri kayaknya hihihi Nice review! ^^

Reply
avatar
January 15, 2015 at 12:35 PM delete

Aku sudah lumayan lama pakai ini. Bahkan untuk makeup in orang.. Bagus banget nih. Untuk pesta juga bagus. Untuk foto juga bagus. Dan murah pula.

Salam kenal ya...
Aku baru saja memfollowmu.
Mari berteman...

-Ninneta-
www.ninneta.com

Reply
avatar
Miss Ephifany
AUTHOR
January 15, 2015 at 4:54 PM delete

Iya betul mirip2 medium beige, tp yg ini lebih kuning lagi. Aku biasa jg kalo beli foundation suka rada keputihan, ini kebetulsn bgt mbak spg nya pinter milihin warna untuk ku. anyway, Thx for stopping by ya ^_^

Reply
avatar
Miss Ephifany
AUTHOR
January 15, 2015 at 5:16 PM delete

Hihi.. Iya aku juga jadi beli krn abis baca2 review lho :P btw, thx for stopping by ya ^_^

Reply
avatar
Miss Ephifany
AUTHOR
January 15, 2015 at 5:18 PM delete

Yup, kemarin aku juga pakai untuk foto hasilnya bagus... Alus jatuhnya... :D
Salam kenal juga yaa.. Sudah ku follow back.. Thx yaa udah mampir ^_^

Reply
avatar
Valencia
AUTHOR
January 20, 2015 at 10:54 PM delete

aku juga suka foundation ini, tp sayangnya bikin break out di aku :(

xx,
valencialala.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
August 2, 2015 at 1:06 PM delete

Mau tanya dong golden beige udah masuk indo yaah?
Thankyouuu :))

Reply
avatar
Miss Ephifany
AUTHOR
August 3, 2015 at 12:10 AM delete

Halo Sekar, makasih ya udah mampir di blog ku ^^
sudah ada kok di indonesia shade golden beige.. bisa check di counter Revlon ^^

Reply
avatar