Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion (W13 Natural Beige) Review

7:32:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

I was so excited the first time I saw Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion. I mean, the idea of a cushion foundation is so unique that I became really quite curious. Nowadays, a cushion foundation is so popular in South Korea that most of the Korean brands will provide foundation products in that form.

So, just what is a cushion foundation anyway?

A Cushion foundation is basically a liquid foundation that is soaked in a cushion or porous sponge with dual air puffs. The purpose of this product is to eliminate the need for make-up tools such as brushes and sponges when applying a foundation. The main selling point, obviously, is that foundation application will become much simpler and easier to carry around.

Just like any other cushion foundation brands, Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion packaging comes with a small white portable compact (that can be refilled), a small mirror and a washable air puff sponge which is placed on the plastic separator above the cushion in order to prevent the cushion from absorbing the foundation.  Below you can read the instructions on how to clean the air puff sponge:

It comes in 3 shades, which are:

I chose the W13 Natural Beige

Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion claims to contain a 6in1 multifunction formula good for: UV protection with SPF 50+/PA, moisture lock, whitening, wrinkle control, sebum control and skin color correction.

Using this product is very simple. You just need to coat the puff with the content and then apply it starting from larger areas to narrower areas of your face. To be more specific, you can read the instructions below:


This cushion foundation has got a light flora scent which smells SO GOOD! When I applied it on my face it had this pearly and dewy finish. It's got a medium coverage so you will still need a concealer to cover your dark circles. The coverage is also buildable, but in my personal opinion if you go more than one layer, this cushion foundation will look kind of cakey on your face. The texture of this cushion foundation also felt a bit sticky on my face.

Below is the comparison of my skin with and without Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion:
Here's when I applied it on my hand


          
Here's when I applied it on my face

I actually really like the finished look of this cushion foundation on my face but unfortunately after 3 days of using it caused an acne break out on my skin, which started all over my forehead. Moreover, I have oily skin so after a couple of hours of using it in a non air-con environment this cushion foundation made my face look glossy and dull.

CONCLUSION:
Pros:
- It's got 6in1 multifunction formula
- It smells awesome
- It gives a pearly and dewy finished look which looks really fresh on the camera
- The dual air puff works great in applying this foundation

Cons:
- It only comes in 3 shades which is only suitable for people with lighter skin
- at the end of the day spent outdoors or in a non air-conditioned environment, your skin will end up looking dull, especially if you have oily skin.
- It actually caused my oily and sensitive skin to break out in acne
- It's pricey

So, that's my experience with this popular Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion. How about you? Have you tried it too? Let's share your story with me :)