Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Concealer Review (Shade: Medium Sand)

10:52:00 PM 1 Comments A+ a-


Because I'm a mother of a super active baby girl (super cute too, btw) and an online merchant, I rarely get to relax during the day. I also often have to stay up late either for work or for keeping my husband company (he's always home late and the nighttime is the only time we have for each other). All this bad habit of burning the midnight oil meant that it was unavoidable that I'd get dark circles under my eyes. To successfully remedy that, I've been using Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Concealer, and in this review I'm going to share my experience of using this concealer with you.

Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Concealer comes in a small and thin transparant tube packaging. When you open the cap, you will see that this concealer has a built-in wand applicator - which looks exactly like a lipgloss applicator, btw. This concealer is wrapped in a plastic cover and all the ingredients are printed on the plastic cover.

I heard that this concealer actually has 2 shades, but I've never seen the other shade besides the Medium Sand, the shade that I usually bought.

The texture of this concealer is a bit runny. So I myself prefer not to put too much of the cream at first application because this concealer can easily end up being too cakey on my face. After all, this concealer is buildable, so my approach is safe.

The Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Concealer also has a medium coverage. Here I did a simple experiment by trying to hide a ballpoint pen ink line on my hand and you can still somewhat see the line after application although it is blurred.

It's also the same with my uneven skin and dark spots. This concealer doesn't really make it totally disappear, but it does help me with concealing blemishes considerably.

Below I also make a comparison of my dark circles before and after using this concealer:

So far I've found that this concealer really helps me make my eyes look fresh. It has a matte finish. Right after I blend it, the shade will normally feel too bright for my skin. However, after waiting for a couple of minutes, the shades will start to blend with my skin color. It also makes my skin color a bit greyish at first, but it's not that obvious and it goes away once I cover it with a foundation.

The price of this Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Concealer varies from one place to another. In the Maybelline counter, it's kind of pricey at about IDR. 75.000. The last one I bought was on sale at the Hypermart mall, and it was only at IDR. 43.000. Lucky!

CONCLUSION
PROS:
- Quite affordable especially if you can find it on sale :D
- Works well for covering my dark circles, dark spots and uneven skin
- has a built-in applicator
- doesn't cause my skin to break out

CONS:
- only available in one shade

So, have you also tried Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Concealer? What do you think about this product, girls? :)

1 comments:

Write comments
Unknown
AUTHOR
April 28, 2016 at 12:41 PM delete

Cari ini di counter maybelline di kota aku itu kayak nyari jarum di tumpukan jerami, susah banget dapetinnya T^T

http://farrelandmerry.blogspot.co.id

Reply
avatar